One of the six health workers who contracted Ebola has passed this morning at Fort Portal Regional Referral Hospital.
The death has been confirmed by Dr Alex Adaku, the Hospital Director while speaking to URN on phone. He however has not yet revealed the identity of the deceased.
According to Dr Adaku, the health worker who had been critically ill passed on Saturday early morning. He says that the remaining five medics who are still being managed at the facility are in stable condition.
However, the doctor says he is not yet at liberty to give more details about the deceased.
The hospital has been managing six health workers since Wednesday after their being transferred from Mubende regional referral hospital to Fort Portal for proper management and treatment. The infected group comprised 3 doctors, two nurses and one anesthetist.
The Health Ministry last week confirmed an outbreak of Ebola in Mubende District after a sample taken from a 24-year-old male from Madudu sub-county came out positive with the Sudan strain of Ebola,
As of Friday, according to the minister of health Jane Ruth Aceng , the country had 35 confirmed cases with 7 deaths.
Ebola has been confirmed in four disticts which are Mubende where the first case was confirmed, Kyegegwa(3 confirmed cases) Kassanda (1 confirmed case) and Kagadi (1 confirmed case).
Leave a Reply